Well the start of hurricane season is here. I hope everyone that was visited by Irene made out ok. If you are in a hurricane area, you might want to check out the BuyTheCase.net shopping list – Emergency Supplies. How many of these supplies do you have on hand?
- One gallon of water per person per day
- Shelf-stable and non-perishable food items
- Pet food
- Personal care items like a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and deodorant
- Moist wipes and hand sanitizer
- Garbage bags for sanitation
- Battery-powered radio
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Prescriptions and eye glasses
After being without power for a day and a half, I am ordering a case of batteries and a case of candles. That way at least I will be able to read a book the old-fashioned way!